Searching for the best embroidery machines in the market? In deciding which machine to buy, there are a number of factors to consider such as
* What the machine can do for you
* Your sewing skills,
* Sewing room space and your budget.
There are machines that have been designed to be used exclusively for embroidery machines while others can embroider as well as sew. So for those who like to sew and embroider, they can save on cost by buying a machine that fulfills both functions.
In this blog post, I have rounded up what I feel are the best embroidery machines. There is no perfect embroidery machine, but the ones listed below are high quality dependable machines with favorable reviews on the internet. Check out the list below!
1. Brother SE600 Embroidery & Sewing Machine
With 1000+ reviews on the internet, with majority of them (80%) being positive, the Brother SE600 embroidery sewing machine is one of the most popular embroidery machines out there in the market. It has been said that 9 out of 10 people recommend this machine for embroidery purposes.
* This is a computerized embroidery machine so the first thing you will notice is the large color 37″ touchscreen display. You get to see the embroidery designs in the touchscreen display and preview your design edits on the screen before stitching
* The machine is designed with a 4” X 4” embroidery area that includes a hoop, embroidery arm and foot
* This sewing machine has 103 built-in sewing stitches that also includes auto sized button holes. Apart from the 103 stitches, the machine also has a nice array of decorative stitches that brings out beautiful artworks in your projects. Some of these decorative stitches include scallops, feather,decorative scrolls, greek key, hearts and starts
* The bright LED light that is installed helps to illuminate the work area around the needle that helps you see well when working with dark fabrics and also when doing designs and free-motion quilting.
* The machine has 6 embroidery lettering fonts that allow you to personalize your creations. The fonts are in small, medium and large sizes. You have the option of choosing either capital letters, lower case letters, numeric as well as symbolic characters.
* The free convertible arm on this machine is useful for working on sewing cuffs, skinny jeans, sleeves and other smaller cylindrical projects.
* There is a USB port on this machine that enables you to to input designs. The design files should be in .pes format. Your purchase of this sewing machine gives you exclusive access to 1000s of embroidery designs available at iBroide.com
* The quick-set drop-in top bobbin easily inserts in your machine and requires no ‘fishing’ for the bobbin thread.
* This machine is backed with a 25 year limited warranty
* Included with every purchase of this machine are 7 quick-change sewing feet: – Overcasting, spring action zigzag, monogramming, buttonhole, monogramming, blind stitch, zipper and button sewing feet. The spring action zigzag foot is designed with a longer foot to provide smoother fabric feeding in combination with the longer 7-point feed dogs.
* The machine weighs 26 pounds.
Why I Like This Machine
* You can both sew & embroider on this machine
* Pre-installed fonts making work easier
* User friendly touch screen
* Many stitches to choose from…and the moment you choose one it tells you which foot to use
* Has a self-threading needle saving you the frustration that comes with manually threading a needle
* The port allowing you to import designs if a fantastic feature.
* The manual guide is not very detailed. Search for Youtube videos to help answer any questions you may have.
* For those that are concerned about the hoop size, they might find it small (4″x4″). If you want a larger hoop you will have to buy one
Brother SE600 Video
2. Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine
* The machine has an easy to read, easy to use 1.4″ x 2.7″ LCD touchscreen display. From the display, you are able to rotate, mirror-image, increase or decrease the size of your designs as well as see how your edited design will look before you stitch them.
* The Brother PE770 embroidery machine has a large 5″x7″ embroidery work area, giving you enough space to embroider large letters and monograms plus allowing you to combine designs with less re-hooping. The other advantage is that you are able to do larger designs on jacket backs, tote bags, and quilt squares.
* The machine has 136 built in embroidery designs. Get access to 6 lettering fonts, 10 frame shapes and 12 border styles to help you create stylish quilt patterns. You will be able to create delicate scrollwork, intricate florals, classic quilt patterns among other designs.
* The maximum embroidery area on this machine is 130(X) x 180(Y)mm while the maximum embroidery speed is 650 spm
* The machine has a USB port to allow you to import designs from the internet (iBroidery.com plus other sites.)
* The built-in embroidery card slot allows you to stitch designs from Brother embroidery cards. These are sold separately.
* Enjoy easy threading using the automatic needle threader. Save yourself the headache of threading manually. The machine has a numbered threading diagram printed on it. As you follow it, then, with the automatic needle threader, the thread is pushed right through the eye of the needle.
* The auto thread trimmer is a big time saver. It allows you to have your upper and lower cut for you with the touch of a button
Other Items Included in Your Purchase
* One 5″x7″ embroidery hoop
* An embroidery arm
* Dust cover
* An accessory bag filled with a seam ripper, a needle set, a cleaning brush, screwdrivers (2), spool caps (3), scissors, bobbins (3)
* A power cord
* English/Spanish operation manual
Why I Like This Machine
* The big 5×7 embroidery field & the USB port to transfer designs
* There is no need for you to buy a 4×4 hoop for 4×4 designs if your projects can fit into the 5×7 hoop. Just use the 4×4 designs
* Easy to learn machine
* 136 built in embroidery designs.
* Some people have complained about the thread fraying. It turns out people are buying cheap thread that is contributing to this problem. Buy quality thread and this issue will disappear
Brother™ PE-770 Video
3. SINGER Futura XL400 Portable Sewing & Embroidery Design Machine
This is another great embroidery machine from the Singer. The Singer Futura XL-400 sewing & embroidery machine comes with 30 built-in sewing stitches with 2 fully automatic one-step buttonholes. It also has 125 built-in embroidery designs with 5 fonts & outline lettering. You are able to preview your stitches on the LCD screen exactly as they will appear on the fabric.
* The 5 embroidery fonts give you the ability to personalize or monogram your projects. The letters can be resized, turned around or shaped with 30 lettering frames such as arc, banner, wave and more.
* The design possibilities are only limited by your imagination. Create as many designs as you so wish with multi-hoop capabilities that allow one to create embroider designs up 18-1/2 by 11 inches. This fantastic feature of this machine allows you to embroider large format projects such as bedspreads, table cloths, dresses and so much more.
* The machine has an automatic needle threader. Great idea to help reduce the frustration associated with manually threading the needle.
* There is an LED light to help illuminate the sewing area. Great when using dark garments or when using the machine in low lit rooms. This helps to eliminate eye strain.
* The customizable computerized embroidery system of this machine allow you to combine multiple designs into one design file. You are also able to choose the colors for your threads. The other great feature of this machine is that you are able to rotate your embroidery designs to allow best placement and design possibilities. You also have the ability to resize your designs.
* The machine comes with a 25 years lifetime warranty.
* The arm length to the right of the needle is 210 mm (8 ¼”) which gives more space for quilts and other large projects.
* The Drop & Sew bobbin system is designed to help you load & change the bobbin quickly without the need to pick up the bobbin thread
* This machine has a port that connects to your computer that allow you to transfer your designs to the machine and with the push of a button, embroider with ease. You will have to first install the software on your PC to enable it to communicate with the sewing machine before you can send your designs for embroidery.
Why I Like This Machine
* Ability to sew and embroider on the same machine
* The embroidering workspace is big, which helps when doing big projects
* Beautiful selection of stitches to choose from
* Automatic threading system
* The software that allows you to do lots of embroidery designs with minimal effort.
SINGER Futura XL400 Videos
1. This is a 14 minute video going into greater details in reviewing the Singer Futura XL400
2. Below is a shorter 1 minute video
4. SINGER 9960 Quantum Stylist Computerized Portable Sewing Machine
The Singer 9960 Quantun Stylist sewing machine has lots of ease-of-use features to enable you bring out your creative talents when doing embroidery.
* This machine has a large selection of stitches (600 stitches!) to choose from including stretch, basic and decorative stitches suitable for quilting, fashion, home decor or crafting. There is also a selection of fonts to personalize projects. It also has 5 fonts and 13 built-in 1- Step buttonholes with a buttonhole underplate.
Another cool feature of this machine is that it has mirror imaging and stitch elongation providing you with even more creative possibilities.
* This sewing machine has an automatic needle threader. The built-in needle threader threads the eye of the needle, reducing eye strain on you.
* The machine has a maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches-per-minute
* There are a number of presser feet to choose from:- zipper foot, all-purpose foot, button sewing foot, buttonhole foot with underplate, blind hem foot, darning and embroidery foot, satin stitch foot, open toe foot, overcasting foot, rolled hem foot, cording foot, straight stitch/quilting foot, even feed / walking foot.
* 110 volts machine
* The bobbin loads from the top, so it is easy to insert.
* The machine has an extension table that gives you a large working area. Good idea when you are doing large projects or quilting.
* The machine has 13 built-in perfectly sized buttonhole styles
* There are over 600 stitches to choose from. The front panel of the machine is where one is able to choose the stitch the want to work with. Plus they have made it easy to choose from the 8 most commonly used by conveniently placing them on the front of the machine and available with a direct stitch selection.
Why I Like This Machine
* Hundreds of stitches to choose from. You get a high quality machine with so many awesome stitches/features at a great price
* The hand quilting-look stitch combined with the walking foot gives you a feature that is normally reserved for only high-end machines, so this is a bonus to you
* The manual is pretty detailed, compared to other models which are skeleton in content.
* The drop in bobbin is a great option and its impressive how quickly it makes bobbin changes.
* The thread cutter is great! The stability of the table is also impressive.
* Easier threading process, better LED lights compared to other models, a much nicer LCD interface and a more neutral aesthetic design
* You must use Singer brand bobbins, and not cheap generic copies, which are not the same size. Inconvenient, but necessary.
SINGER 9960 Video
A 4 minute video explaining the features of the SINGER 9960 Quantum Stylist computerized sewing machine
All these machines are great and depending on what you are looking for. They are jam packed with features that will make your sewing experience enjoyable and fast.
1. If you are interested in a machine with lots of stitches to choose from, then go for the SINGER 9960 Quantum Stylist Computerized Portable Sewing Machine
2. If you are interested in a sewing machine that can sew as well as embroider, then go for the SINGER Futura XL400 Portable Sewing & Embroidery Design Machine.
3. If you are interested in a general embroidery sewing machine, I would suggest you buy the Brother SE600 Embroidery Sewing Machine.